Total Pageviews

Monday, May 6, 2019

ELP sites in UK and Wales

Just last month my family and I toured a few sites in England and Wales that pertain to the history of Edward Lloyd Parry. Most notably, we were able to find the little village of St. George, Denbighshire, Wales, where ELP was born 25 August 1818. There is a parish church there, which is the highly probably spot of his christening. 

In addition, we visited the city of Chester in England, where ELP married Elizabeth Evans in 1846. 

Finally, while touring the town of Abergele, we came across the meeting house (now the Bull Hotel) on Chapel Street where ELP served as a branch president in 1851. All of the aforementioned is presented in this video that I filmed and narrated:


3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much. I really enjoyed seeing all of this and contemplating Dad's and your heritage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Timbo! Thank you for the video. That was interesting. I enjoyed the sights and the info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tim! I have also been to Chester, I should go through my old photos and see if I have anything of family interest.

    ReplyDelete