Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Video Tour of the Edward Lloyd Parry home in Manti





Additional information comes from descendant Bill Parry who writes the following:

"I recognized most of the architecture from when I was a child living in the home. The back addition with the smoothed stone was constructed by my father Thomas H Parry when I was just a few year old. The stone is remainder from the sawed stone that was used to construct the present Sanpete County Courthouse. In fact, the doors to that addition when I lived there were from the previous courthouse building or so we were told. The stone structure at the back of the lot with the steel I-beam was built by my father, my brother Beven and I. The purpose was to build concrete burial vaults which we sold and installed in graves in cemeteries throughout Sanpete County. The I-beam and chain blocks were used to hoist the vaults and move them from the construction forms to storage and then to the bed of a truck for delivery to the installation site. I'm really surprised to learn that you found a tool box with stone mason tools. I also had found one when my father passed, which I donated to the Manti Temple. The Temple president then was Wilbur Cox, the son of my father's construction company Roy Cox. We moved from that home to the home just to the south, which had originally been built by Bernard son of ELP for his old maid sisters Hattie and Emma. That home was extensively remodeled and enlarged by my father."

Thanks, Bill, for that interesting information!

No comments:

Post a Comment